When the user is added to the team
1. First I created a new instant flow with the new Microsoft Teams When a new team member is added trigger. This trigger is still in preview btw.
2. The next action is Azure Active Directory Get User action. I am using the User Id from the trigger as a dynamic value for this action.
3. After that I have added the Microsoft Teams Post an Adaptive Card to a Teams channel and wait for a response action. This one is also in preview. I have selected the same Microsoft Team as in the trigger. But I am using a different channel for the message. I have configured the card to be updated and added a thank you message for the update message field.
1. I see that the flow gets triggered about every 15 minutes. This might be either an issue or a limitation of the new Microsoft Teams When a new team member is added preview trigger.
2. When you want to mention a user in an adaptive card you have to concat 8:orgid: and the user id to get the correct user reference
3. I added a mention entity in the msteams section and a mention text in the body. It looks like this is needed to mention a user on an adaptive card
The following links were very useful to me for creating this sample:
Great blog about Adaptive Card mentioning by Kenichiro Nakamura
Docs Microsoft – Adaptive Card Candidate Feedback Sample
Power User Forms thread about Adaptive card mentioning
Docs Microsoft – Format cards in Teams
This looks very promising, thanks for sharing.